Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Story Untold ... So Far

I have a story in my head.  A HUGE effing story! If I put the whole thing out there, I think it would be a book, a large-ish book, even. 

I have written pages and pages of character bios and outlines. I know the world, the society, what will happen and why. I even have a whole entire folder on Lappy for the chapters.

Problem is, I havent written the first word of chapter 1. I am absolutely paralyzed with fear.
  • I am afraid that I have no idea what I'm doing - and I dont. I have read a lot of books, but written VERY little. 
  • I am worried that the story will become unweildy and get away from me
  • I am afraid that what I want to write will just not work
  • I am afraid that I will change my mind on exactly what I want to write and how I want to present it and have to gut the whole thing - rewrite a bunch of shit
  • I am afraid that it will be embarrassingly lame and suckie
So?  I do nothing.  I set up everything in early October.  Havent done a single thing with it since.  I have no excuse.  It isnt like I am busy.

What the hell do I do now?  Shit.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe we can sit down and work through some of it. I've learned some techniques that might help. And maybe just having someone else who's also writing will help. Let's talk.

    ReplyDelete